Hi, I’m Kevin Leung, a Technical Evangelist at Microsoft focused on developer communities, Software Engineering solutions and sparking innovation.
You can think of my role as an engineer by night, public speaker by day (though, I don’t have much superpowers). I truly enjoy deep diving in technology by helping students, startups and enterprises solve their most technically challenging problems while building content and demos to share the knowledge to a wider audience.
Check out my projects section for more on my technology focuses and what I’m currently up to.
You can find me at code camps, conferences and workshops around the US. I absolutely love teaching and connecting with others. That is core to who I am as a person.
- Born in NYC and raised in New Jersey, I am very much a city person - love being around busy people with so much to do and see. (Now In Chicago!)
- Having studied Electrical and Computer Engineering at Rutgers University School of Engineering, I have a strong passion for IoT, hardware and connected devices.
- Been skiing since 5 years old and have never missed a season.
- Love the outdoors - hiking, rock climbing (indoors & out), soccer and windsurfing.
- Volunteer FireFighter/EMT for 7 years - belonged to my local Fire Department and Ambulance & Rescue Squad back in Jersey.
Volunteering with the goal of helping others has been a big part of making me who I am today. My personal goal is to push the bounds of hardware devices to enable others to achieve more by the safest means possible.